Wednesday, September 06, 2006

As Close As I Get To A Monologue

(If you behave properly, I promise a real blog entry later... if you behave improperly, I may have to blog 2 or 3 more times.)

Just a few things on my mind right now...

So apparently we've found an untapped oil source off the coast of Louisiana... SHOCKHORROR! You mean to tell me there is oil outside of Alaska and the Middle East? Texas, too... but we all know that's just for a rainy day.

My condolences go out to the family and friends of Steve Irwin... I truly enjoyed his show, and his message. Truly sad news-- that, and the fact that I had him dying of a snakebite, at age 53, in Africa.
On a serious note, Steve was truly an eccentric person, and this world could use a few more people like him.

By no means am I a fan... but I really have to question what the hell the Kansas City Royals are doing. OK, so I work for the AAA affiliate, and they were out of the playoff chase-- but it's still no excuse to leave the team with 10 (and eventually) 9 position players on their roster. It's pretty sad when former major league pitcher Pat Mahomes is in the stands, and has to be called in to be the DH for a game in New Orleans. Shit, why not ask him to play shortstop while you're at it-- might as well have fun. And I understand that AA-Wichita is gearing up for the playoffs, but surely there were one or two guys worth of 4 games in AAA (and then returning to AA for the playoffs)... or maybe someone is playing really well in high A-ball who is worthy of at least an emergency call up. Though, I did talk to the Omaha Gm and offered to play the outfield (of which the O-Royals had 2), if they needed me.

In other baseball related news-- that 'thud' you hear is the Cubs smacking the pavement in the basement of the Central Division. By this time next week, they should be so far back in the standings you'll find them listed among the NL West teams.

And finally, the CIA will be crawling all over me for the next couple years. UNO-TV worked a satellite uplink for the Al-Jazeera network this idea. My idea fo set decoration did not go over well-- I suggested that we put guest Tom Gouttiere in front of a blank wall, with an American Flag displayed behind him, and an out of focus shot.

But never fear, I was in the control room, out of arms reach of Gouttiere.

I'll be back with more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home