Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourself Off

So I've been a little down this week. I think its understandable. But I can't be like this too long. The world doesn't stop just because somebody's physical presence ceases to be.

It is times like these when you find out who your real friends are. This week, specifically it has been Andrea, Amanada, Janelle, Renee, and Tim... not to mention my soccer team (Tanya, Beth, Gary, Laura, and Ali). You guys have been there, kept my mind where it has needed to be. And some of you have kept my spirits up.

But if you needed a sign that I am feeling better, that I am up off the floor. You should ask the friend I just talked to. I know that just because I am down, doesn't mean that nobody else is permitted to be the same. But apparently, I have kept her smiling the past couple days. And I did it with my typical, sarcastic, radical, yet somehow rational zingers.

Who cares if your exboyfriend keys your car. The police will give him all the attention he deserves. Cars can be replaced. The time he spends in jail, can't.

If you feel you have writers block-- write an email to your professor. Remember, grammar and spelling count. Use good sentence structure, and details. Charts and graphs fill up space, and draw the attention away from your writing mistakes. Don't forget to cite your sources. Then turn it in as your paper.

A friend told me he thought someone was hot. I told him he shouldn't tell her that-- never use temperature to describe a woman. Women get offended when you compare them them to pieces of meat.

I think I'm getting better... what do you think?

1 Comments:

At 13/11/05 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I wasn't around this week to talk! You still could have called! I wasn't mad at you! But I'm glad you feel better now! =) MUAH

~Nina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home