Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good Things Happen to Those Who Get Sleep

Well, I promised Matty I would blog about how for the first time in like a month, I was able to sleep. For the past month I have been filling in for my boss, who was on assignment in Madagascar (and was given an additional week of vacation time). Just ask Matty, it's not like it was back-breaking work-- from what he saw. Most of the hard work was done before the school year started-- so the only evidence he has of me working is of me sitting at my boss' computer... blogging. Hey, they pay me six cents an hour, they get six cents and hour of work.

I had no problem waking up every morning to be in a sub-freezing office at 9. It makes days like today, when I get to sleep in, much more enjoyable-- as I still have 4 hours until I need to be in class. Of course, I might not need to be in class today. Matty woke me up at 9, to tell me there was no power on campus.

But, my boss is back today, he is probably sitting in his cold (and dark office) with nothing to do, while I got to sleep in today.

But as I checked my email today, I got an even better suprise. I have received an influx of emails. With the help of Facebook friends I have not heard from in years-- friends from high school, friends from my first year of college, soccer teammates from grade school-- have been able to track me down. People, who over the years, I simply lost touch with-- it's boundn to happen when you move as often as I did, and I'm sure they've all moved, too.

So I'm scrolling through my messages, and there it was... a message from a friend from pre-school. I think she was in as much shock as I am. I'm just so thrilled to be hearing from her, and my other friends, that I might just skip class (if I still have class) to hear from them. OK, I probably won't skip class... but I can't wait to see who else might track me down.

The next question is... have they found this blog, and my radical views, therein?

2 Comments:

At 15/9/05 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! Are you talking about the message from me?!?! Hahahaha....

~Nina

 
At 23/9/05 4:05 PM, Blogger Sam said...

yes, Antoinette... I was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home